University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire
X-Ray Room 6 Refurbishment
This project was a Design & Build refurbishment of an existing X-Ray Room within a Radiology Department which was undertaken whilst enabling continued use of the rest of the facility.
This is one of a total of 9 room refurbishments carried out over a period of 18 months all by M&O, part of a wider MES Scheme which required only minimal works as per the MES Contract requirements.
The works included the following:
- Removal of redundant fixtures & fittings; retain other items as instructed by end user
- New floor trunking and patch only vinyl flooring where affected by the new equipment installation
- Load test and retain existing Unistrut ceiling grid
- Repair and partial replacement of joinery
- Retain existing RP Screen; temporarily remove and re-fit on completion of all other works
- Upgrade electrical installation to suit new equipment and meet current regulations
- Report on existing mechanical installation and move location of WHB to suit new equipment layout